Thursday, May 6, 2010

Have a Fun Summer

I can’t wait for the kids to come visit again. I can hear them talking now, “Momma has finally lost her mind” when they see the mailbox. The idea just struck me in the $1 Store when I saw all the Luau decorations and no party to give. First I bought a Toucan mask for the mail box finial. I briefly considered a grass skirt but it I figured it would get caught in the weed eater. Today was my lucky day. Of course I had to go down the Luau isle at the $1 Store on the way to the light bulbs and there it was, a dog hula skirt. It was the perfect length. I also picked up 6 leys because no respectable Hula Toucan would be seen without them.

Now all I have to do is wash the winter gunk off the mail box, tape the hula skirt on, hang the leys, and wait for the children or the Looney Bin folks. Who ever comes first, we will have a great time.

Happy summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment